This package is designed to be taught at the beginning of the school year to teach/review critical skills for a successful year, not only in mathematics, but overall. Set yourself up for success by teaching these lessons at the beginning of the year and enjoy the difference it can make!
When you purchase this product, you will be downloading a file including the cover page, teacher pages and a link, with instructions, to a Google Drive folder containing all the other files for this unit.
Lessons are created on Google Slides (accessible with a free Google Drive account) which can be downloaded to a Powerpoint version if you prefer. All supporting handouts are PDF.
This package includes:
- 8-page teacher guide for teaching the unit including suggestions on using 3-part lessons, educator roles, centres and journals.
- Learning Goals and Success Criteria with each lesson
- Rubrics for math journals/communication with expectations lists.
- 8 three-part math lessons
Lessons included are:
- Asking Questions
- What is math?
- Active Listening
- Using Tools Appropriately
- Problem Solving Strategies
- Successful Centres
- Sharing our Thinking
Click here for other Kindergarten math units:
Data Management and Probability Unit
Click here for other kindergarten products:
Long Range Plans - FDK
Picture Schedule Cards
Learning Stories and Documentation
FDK Expectations at a Glance
Teach Early Writing Package
Number Recognition Game