Introduction to Multiplication Strategies Centers
1. Circles and Stars, Multiplication Chart Bingo and Hooray for Arrays are three centers made to practice great strategies for solving multiplication facts.
2. Divide your class into three groups.
3. Print and copy each center. Place each in a baggie with the necessary materials for each game.
4. Place each baggie at three locations in your classroom. Each group starts at one of the centers.
5. Students should fold a large piece of construction paper in half. On the front they can write “Multiplication Strategies Centers.” They should also write their group number on the front and take this with them to put materials from each center inside.
6. Students spend 20 minutes at each center.
7. At the end of 20 minutes, they should write an example of the strategy they practiced on the inside of their folder. Have them make 3 boxes on the inside of their folder for a giant exit slip!
8. They can share with the class their example before they rotate to the next center.
9. By the end of the math class they should have visited all 3 centers and practiced all 3 strategies.
10. Their giant exit slip should reflect understanding of all 3 strategies.
11. Enjoy introducing these helpful strategies to your class!