Introduce students to the concepts and purpose behind a properly ran meeting using Robert’s Rules of Order. Once students have completed the unit they will be able to properly run a meeting, know their rights as members, and be able to actively participate as a member and make motions.
2 weeks : (10 classes consisting of 45 minute)
The instruction can be modified to fit your own classroom needs.
1. Describe the history behind Parliamentary Procedure
2. List and describe the importance of Parliamentary Procedure
3. Justify the rights of members in a meeting
4. Determine and demonstrate the 5 different ways to take a vote
5. Correctly make and write a proper motion