This "Introduction to Poetic Devices" kit includes:
1) a poetic glossary for student reference (terms are defined);
2) poetic terms worksheet and key (students fill in definitions as they do a gallery walk). Cut out definitions and glue onto note cards and put in numbered locations in the classroom;
3) example poems with metaphor and worksheet (key and interpretations of poems included)
4) metaphor in poetry worksheet (students read the poem, answer the questions, then try to write their own poem using metaphor)
5) example poems with personification (have students highlight words that are personifying objects)
6) personification in poetry (this is a writer's workshop activity). I recommend having students exchange poems with a partner and give feedback.