Introduction to Poetry: lessons & activities
8th - 11th
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
What educators are saying
I'll be honest; I'm not very comfortable with teaching poetry. At least, I wasn't until I found this resource. This really helped me--and my students--get more engaged with analyzing poetry.
Love this three-part assignment. Having a google classroom helps, but is not necessary. Love the questions. A great start for a poetry unit.
Also included in
- Imagine having a complete poetry unit ready to go - now imagine that your students are engaged in all of the lessons and activities! This bundle can do just that.The Poetry Bundle includes:Figurative language challenges that show students how & why writers use poetic devicesOne-sliders that theyPrice $24.00Original Price $44.73Save $20.73
This bundle of digital lessons and activities will allow you to introduce your poetry unit in an engaging way. It includes opportunities for students to write, reflect, view, collaborate, and analyze as they explore the questions “What is poetry?” and “How do you analyze it?”
- You might also like:
Poetry Learning Stations
- Poetic Device One Sliders
- Poetry Brackets
- Poetry Lesson: Ode to the Everyday
Looking for other resources that will engage students while distance learning?
- Research Magazine
- Digital Choice Boards
- Writing Challenges
- Engaging Activities for Online Learning
- Informational Texts for Distance Learning
- Check out all of my online resources here.
Connect with me for teaching tips and ideas:
Real Learning in Room 213
Room 213 on Pinterest and Instagram
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.