A set of documents centered on introducing students to civic protest and revolutions. Covers several examples of famous protests or revolutions. A great way to start a unit on famous protests or revolutions such as (American Revolution, French Revolution, Russian Revolution, Cuban Revolution, Civil Rights Movement, Apartheid, Gandhi, Occupy Movement, etc.).
- Engaging 9 slide PowerPoint with detailed teacher notes on the "Notes Page" to guide teacher in class discussion and possible extensions
- Lyrics sheet to the Beatles' song "Revolution" with analysis questions embedded on the PowerPoint. (Student-centered source analysis)
- Online link to Beatles' song "Revolution"
- Written Response Assignment centered on the issue of Violent vs. Non-Violent Protests.
- Rubric for Written Response Assignment