This Kinesthetic Review Game allows students to practice their knowledge of "introduction to science terms" (Terms Listed Below) through review questions and movement. It is a very easy game to play, and provides a great review before a test or after a major unit. Get the students engaged and up and moving with this kinesthetic review of Introduction Terminologies.
This game has been made with PowerPoint. All you need is a projector in order to play.
How the Game Works...
1. Students will review vocabulary/concepts for the particular topic in simple movement based game (students will stand behind their desks for this activity)
2. The review game consists of 3 game boards (simple movement, medium movement and advanced movement) You pick the one you want to use
3. You will ask the class a variety of questions (provided on the “Questions” slide). They will scan the game board (projected on the screen) until they find the correct answer. Once the student finds the answer, they must perform the action that the game board dictates. Add your own questions as well!!
4. For example: I might ask “What is the abbreviation for DeoxyriboNucleic Acid”. The students look for and find “DNA” on the game board. Under DNA is a black “R”. This lets students know to raise their right hand.
5. You can scan the room easily observing student actions and get a great indication if the students understand that particular term/question.
6. To add to the competition, prize doors have been provided for the student who (finds the answer and performs the answer first). The teacher must determine who performs the action first. Easy to access prize doors are included in this review game.
Game takes about 20 minutes to play.