This Introduction to Shakespeare is an Escape Room or Digital Breakout activity. You can present this as a digital activity (using a Google Site & Form), a paper Escape Room, or a blended version of the two. It has been designed to take 45-60 minutes and covers the Globe Theatre, Shakespeare’s Life, and Elizabethan London. This resource also includes a complete Teacher’s Guide (set-up, printing checklist, differentiation), Elizabethan Fact Sheet, Research Extensions, a quiz, and an Answer Key.
What You Get:
1. Nine core texts providing an overview of The Globe Theatre, Shakespeare's life, and Elizabethan London
2. Supplementary texts and puzzles to enrich student understanding of the parts of the Globe and Elizabethan trades
3. Complete digital capability (site & form linked in resource)
4. Elizabethan Fact Sheet & Questions for extended research
5. A quiz
6. Student Notes Sheets
7. A full Teacher's Guide with set-up options, a printing checklist, and an Answer Key
8. A poster for your door. ;)
Now part of this 9th Grade Escape Room Bundle!
About Your Resource:
Your download is a .pdf file that is print-and-go. You also get a link to the website and an optional Google Form. Due to the nature of this resource, it is not editable. Instructions for use and copyright information are included in this resource. Feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. :)
Since your students looove puzzles, check out my Team Trivia Bellringers
! Also, check out this Escape Room for Romeo & Juliet!
Want to get answers or share success stories? Join us on Facebook to discuss Escape Rooms in ELA
Feedback & Followers:
Did you know that you can receive credit
towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
Pinterest: Nouvelle ELA Teaching Resources
Facebook: Nouvelle ELA
Blog: Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA