This Introduction to Significant Figures worksheet was designed for middle and high school students just learning about significant figures.
This double-sided worksheet begins by stating a rule about significant figures, providing several examples, and then gives students 3-4 practice problems. In total, the worksheet presents 7 rules with 25 practice problems. This worksheet is perfectly formatted for a student learning how to identify and use the appropriate number of sig figs for the first time! Give as classwork, assign as homework, or leave for a sub!
All of my worksheets include:
- Name, date, and section at the top.
- Margins that have been appropriately adjusted on the front and back pages to accommodate for hole punching and easy placement in a 3-ring binder.
- Fun and age-appropriate graphics and fonts for older students!
- A complete answer key!
If you’re looking for a fun and unique way to help you students understand significant figures, you might want to check out my Skiing for Significant Figures Game!
If you like this product, you might also like my:
Introduction to Density Worksheet
Exploring Density Worksheet
Introduction to Balancing Chemical Equations Worksheet
©2015 Adventures in Science
* Permission to use for personal use only.
* Please do not share this file with others.
* Additional licenses may be bought for half price for interested colleagues.
Graphics and fonts by:
Ink n Little Things
Ron Leishman Digital Toonage