This Introduction to The Odyssey is an Escape Room or Digital Breakout activity. You can present this as a digital activity (using a Google Site & Form), a paper Escape Room, or a blended version of the two. It has been designed to take 60-90 minutes and covers Greek gods and goddesses, the characters in The Odyssey, and life and customs on Ithaca. This resource also includes a complete Teacher’s Guide (set-up, printing checklist, differentiation), Homer’s Greece Fact Sheet, Research Extensions, a quiz, and an Answer Key.
What You Get:
1. Ten core texts providing an overview of the characters "back home" in Homer's Odyssey, gods & goddesses, customs on Ithaca (hospitality, etc.), and the Homeric tradition
2. Supplementary texts and puzzles to enrich student understanding of gods & goddesses, the muses, and the map of the region
3. Complete digital capability (site & form linked in resource)
4. Homer's Greece Fact Sheet & readings for extended research
5. A quiz
6. Student Notes Sheets
7. A full Teacher's Guide with set-up options, a printing checklist, and an Answer Key
8. A poster for your door. ;)
Now part of this 9th Grade Escape Room Bundle!
About Your Resource:
Your download is a .pdf file that is print-and-go. Due to the nature of this resource, it is not editable. You also get a link to a website (not editable) and a Google Form (editable) that you can use for the digital version. Instructions for use and copyright information are included in this resource. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. :)
Since your students looove puzzles, check out my Team Trivia Bellringers
! Also, check out this Intro to Shakespeare Digital Breakout!
Want to get answers or share success stories? Join us on Facebook to discuss Escape Rooms in ELA
Feedback & Followers:
Did you know that you can receive credit
towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
Pinterest: Nouvelle ELA Teaching Resources
Facebook: Nouvelle ELA
Blog: Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA