This product is a BUNDLE of two of my most popular timeline products:
Introduction to Timeline Powerpoint and Ancient Inventions Interactive Timeline
I have always used these two items in conjunction in my own classroom, and they really work together to introduce, practice and assess students' understanding of timelines.
Save $1.50 by purchasing the bundle!
Here the descriptions of the individual products:
INTRODUCTION TO TIMELINES POWERPOINT
Are you in search of a good, basic timeline explanation for your students? This product is made just for you!
This timeline powerpoint will explain:
- the purpose of timelines
- how to set up a timeline (and WHY)
- the difference of B.C. / A.D. and B.C.E. / C.E.
- how to calculate the number of years that occur between two events
- the purpose of a double layer timeline
- PLUS STUDENT PRACTICE for each of the skills discussed above! (both on the Powerpoint and in a separate worksheet created in Word).
-JUST ADDED: STUDENT ASSESSMENT for each the skills discussed! This assessment may be used as a PRE or POST assessment. It is worth 22 points - an answer key and scoring rubric are included.
Several options are included for your ease:
1. Powerpoint designed for individual student use (classrooms with student-directed learning and access to lots of technology). This version of the Powerpoint has answers included on the pages following the questions, so students can self check their progress.
2. Powerpoint designed for whole classroom use, or individual student use as a grade. Answers are not included in this version, so teachers can check progress.
BOTH versions above are presented in Powerpoint AND PDF versions for ease of teacher use!
ANCIENT INVENTIONS INTERACTIVE TIMELINE
Do your students have trouble conceptualizing long spans of time?
This timeline activity great for your Ancient Civilizations lessons!
This product includes multiple options:
- Timeline of Ancient Inventions (16 events) and a blank page for you to add your own inventions
- Maps to draw where each invention was created
- Base timeline ("zoomed out" and "zoomed in")
- 15 timeline questions (created in Microsoft Word & fully editable)
It is an interactive timeline - there are 16 events that can be printed on cardstock or paper, and two large paper timelines that can be spread out on the floor. Students may arrange the events on the timeline alone or with a partner - perfect for your kinesthetic learners, or as a center activity!
The timeline is fun and colorful - I printed mine in color on cardstock and laminated to use for future years. It can also be printed in black and white if you wish to save ink.
I designed this short activity as a timeline review, and as a way to really help students interact with history.
In addition, the finished timeline could be displayed on the wall.