Hi there! We've got another handout ready for our Multiplication and Division series. This time we learn how to write stories to describe multiplication facts. We show 3 different strategies in the mini-lesson: "equal groups", "an array", and "times as many". From there we provide loads of great practice questions for your students to dive into.
Because we find these skills so useful, we've created another handout with additional practice HERE
, but first things first: let the Introduction to Writing Multiplication Stories commence!
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach the skill from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Prove What You Know: Test Prep
-Students can never be TOO ready for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests, so here they practice good test-taking strategies with multiple choice questions.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome!
You need more handouts? Why didn't you say so?! Check out our Multiplication and Division Series:
* Multiplication as Repeated Addition pgs 1-4
* Arrays and Multiplication pgs 5-7
* Using Repeated Addition Arrays to Multiply pgs 8-10
* Using Multiplication to Compare pgs 11-13
* Using Multiplication to Compare Money pgs 14-16
* Introduction to Writing Multiplication Stories pgs 17-19
* Writing Multiplication Stories: Extra Practice pgs 20-22
* Multiplication Problem Solving: Find a Pattern pgs 23-26
* OR Save $3.00 with our Multiplication Mini-Bundle which combines pages 1 through 26!
* Division as Equal Sharing pgs 27-30
* Division as Equal Sharing: Extra Practice pgs 31-33
* Division as Repeated Subtraction pgs 34-36
* Introduction to Writing Division Stories pgs 37-39
* Writing Division Stories: Extra Practice pgs 40-42
* Multiplication and Division As Inverse Operations pgs 43-45
* Division Problem Solving: Draw a Picture pgs 46-49
* OR Save $2.00 with our Division Mini-Bundle which combines pages 27 through 49!
* Using Key Words to Multiply or Divide pgs 50-53
* OR Get the BEST DEAL with our comprehensive Multiplication and Division Bundle, which combines pages 1 through 53, and saves you a phenomenal $8.50!
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits:
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.