I created this assessment as a basic introduction to fractions. The skills on this assessment must be mastered in order to move on to adding and subtracting fractions with unlike denominators along with multiplying and dividing fractions.
The following skills are included on this assessment:
1. Changing mixed numbers to improper fractions
2. Changing improper fractions to mixed numbers
3. Reducing and simplifying fractions
4. Finding the GCF of a set of numbers
5. Finding the LCM of a set of numbers
6. Adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators
7. Difference between factors and multiples
This could also be used as a pre-assessment before you begin your fraction unit or as an independent math center.