Get your students thinking critically and creatively about the function of art, and specifically poetry, with this lesson plan focused on Atmosphere's "Party for the Fight to Write."
- Practice structured analysis by answering questions for each step: before reading, while reading and after reading
- Analyze a 'metacognitive' song about the role of art in a poet's life
- Review vocabulary terms (printable included) while participating in an interactive, kinesthetic game designed to spur creativity and develop modern poetry
- Guide critical thinking with careful questions
- Get all the tools you need to set up a fun, class-wide game that will challenge minds and bodies while building community; facilitate activities with clear, step-by-step instructions
- Model vocabulary-rich and evidence-driven analysis with answers to all prompts