Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.65 MB | 45 pages
Get students thinking critically and creatively about poetry with this collection of lesson plans based on the Introduction to poetry packet.
• Four Common Core-aligned lessons with (A) warm-up; (B) full lesson and detailed guided practice, (C) analysis activity for students to practice skills and apply vocabulary
• Printables and instructions for all activities, games and practice exercises
• Model analysis and answers or sample answers for prompts
• Extensions and optional changes to reflect a variety of classrooms and learning contexts
• Play games and participate in engaging activities
• Learn and apply new vocabulary
• Define ‘poetry’ and determine its function by (A) investigating several professional examples; and (B) learning how poets think about their work
• Practice creative writing to expand their thinking about, and appreciation for, well-written literature
• Get the materials you need to start a Common Core-aligned mini-unit today, including a mini-unit assessment with quick rubric
• Guide critical thinking with careful questions, scaffolded lessons, and differentiated activities
• Move students towards more complex understanding of writers’ ideology