“Introduction to the Social Sciences”
This is the second lesson in the Global History curriculum. It provides a general overview of 6 major social sciences – Economics, History, Political Science, Anthropology, Archaeology, and Geography. The lesson/worksheet includes several activities designed to promote critical thinking, teamwork, and class discussion.
Several activities include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson.
• Secondary source reading explaining each of the six social sciences covered.
• Using the Social Sciences Activity – Students pretend to interview several social scientists to analyze the events of 9/11 by asking a series of questions.
• What Can You Learn About This Society? Activity - Students pretend to be archaeologists to analyze a strange and shiny object (a penny).
• Includes several critical thinking questions perfect for class discussion!
Lesson Plan/Answer Key Included!
Created on a Word Doc, so this worksheet can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Finally, please rate this worksheet. Thank you so much!
I also offer this lesson bundled with three others from the Foundations of Global History unit...
Bundle #1 - Foundations of Global/World History Common Core