The story arc is essential for summarizing, finding theme, and narrative writing. This short video introduces story elements and a short phrase kids can use to remember them: somebody wanted but then so. The video can be used for professional development or with intermediate level students (third grade, fourth grade, fifth grade).
• A 3-minute video that explains the story arc, introduces story elements, and emphasizes somebody-wanted-but-then-so.
• A story arc template to use for reading and writing in your own classroom.
Continue your journey with the story arc by watching the next videos in this series:
• The Story Arc and Summarizing
• The Story Arc and Theme
• The Story Arc and Narrative Writing (coming soon)
Are you looking for complete units on summarizing and finding a theme? Try these:
• Summarizing Unit, Grades 4 & 5
• Finding a Theme Unit – Grade 4
• Theme Unit - Fifth Grade
To be notified as I post more videos and products, click Follow Me.