Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.27 MB | 4 pages
Hello, I am and English teacher based in the UK. This is my first upload, a free lesson which starts a unit on Macbeth. It is intended for use with year 10/11 for the AQA English Literature GCSE but can be adapted for any age. I have also added these to the TES website so they make look familiar. If you like this, please consider downloading the rest in the series.
This is a bundle compiling of a powerpoint which introduces students to basic facts about Shakespeare, a sheet which lists facts about King James I, witchcraft and religious conflict in the 1600s that link to the play. Also there is a copy of act 1, scene 1 and an exit slip which can be used at the end of the lesson to assess students' understanding.
All lessons in this series include:
- Links to online videos (see 'notes' under powerpoint slides)
- Starter tasks which introduce the main idea of the lesson
- Differentiated tasks
- Opportunities for pair and group talk within activities ('Talk for Writing')
- Handouts of scenes or a selection of quotes from scenes studied
- Alternating opportunities for self and peer assessment
- Essay writing prompts to allow students to write about the scene
- References to the AQA English Literature mark scheme for Paper 1, particularly to the demands for attaining a grade 5 - what is considered a 'good pass' for the qualification.
It's suggested that you download the whole series to appreciate the full learning journey.