Dialogue that is authentic. Dialogue that always has a purpose! Proper formatting. These SKILLS are the foundation of “Introductory Dialogue Writing”
Introductory Dialogue Writing
is ideal for any educator interested in creating or enhancing a creative writing curriculum.
Introductory Dialogue Writing
is step by step and logical. It BEGINS with definition and qualities of great dialogue, pitfalls to avoid, activities for improvement and strong samples to look at along the way.
It ENDS with students being able to write one complete dialogue scene.
This 30-Page Common Core Aligned Lesson Includes
• Introduction: KEY DEFINITIONS and Qualities of Good Dialogue
• Common Dialogue Problems with a writing icebreaker Activity;
• Formatting Rules, with a “strong sample” activity for students, and a Key for you; Reviewing it only improves students understanding of formatting.
• Dialogue’s Purposes with strong writing sample, "Apply the purpose" activity, and Key. Students learn that every line of dialogue MUST serve a purpose!
• Dialogue Mastery - rewrite a strong dialogue sample, with Key; This penultimate activity reinforces natural and authentic dialogue and is a challenging activity that requires very strong knowledge of formatting.
• Application. students apply their learned knowledge of natural/ authentic-sounding dialogue and proper formatting to write a complete, original dialogue scene (prewrite and rubric included).
This is an exceptionally handy introduction – usable by ANY level.
The depth and scope of work is determined by the level of the students.
If interested, move on to: Set Two
,(not in this packet) for dialogue editing, with more sophisticated writing; or our Master Course
, which includes Sets One and Two, plus culminates in students writing an essay that analyses dialogue in a work of fiction.
If you need more fiction support
, pair with our existingCharacterization Master Course
, Peer Edit Starter Kit
, or Complete Writer’s Workshop
. resources. They go perfectly together.
Get TPT credit to use on ANY of Your future purchases!
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Would you like to SELL on TPT?
• If you feel you have something to share with other teachers. . .
• Sign on to be a Teachers Pay Teachers seller.
• Click on to my referral link. I enjoy helping others learn the ropes.
• You can begin here: Sign Me up to TPT with PerfettoWritingRoom as a Coach!