- These READY TO PRINT activities get students to actively discuss GEOMETRY PROOFS, without being afraid of making a mistake. These are perfect for PRACTICE or REVIEW!This is a bundle of my SEVEN proofs cut-out activities. Included are:1) Introductory Geometry Proofs Cut-Out Activity2) Parallel Li$16.80$21.00Save $4.20
In this READY TO PRINT proofs activity, students will write four introductory geometry proofs. Your students will love this HANDS-ON ACTIVITY.
In this activity, students will cut strips of paper and assemble them into two-column proofs. The first two proofs are algebraic proofs, the third proof uses the segment addition postulate, and the fourth proof uses the definition of congruence. A "Hints Sheet" is included for struggling students.
This activity could be used as an alternative assessment, a partner activity, or as a review before a test. I copy the student sheet on colored paper and let them hang their finished product as a classroom decoration.
Some of the proofs reasons are listed below:
• Substitution Property of Equality
• Symmetric Property of Equality
• Distributive Property of Equality
• Segment Addition Postulate
• Definition of Congruent Angles
A digital, interactive version of this activity can be found here. It is perfect for 1:1 classrooms!
This is part of my Geometry Proofs Cut-Out Bundle.
You may also be interested in:
Be the first to know about my new products, freebies, and discounts!
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about my store.
If you have any questions or comments please email me at email@example.com
This purchase is for one teacher only.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. This item is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly forbidden. If you wish to share with colleagues, please purchase additional licenses.
©2012 Mrs. E Teaches Math, LLC. All rights reserved.