This bundle of lessons teaches subjects in Reading, Poetry Writing, Maths, Digital Literacy, Art, Drama & Technology based from the book 'Invasion of the Supervillains' written by Neal Zetter & Chris White. It is the perfect book to introduce rhyme poetry to your class for its hilarious verses and vivid illustrations.
You will be laughing aloud and turning the page for more!
This BUNDLE includes 7 lesson plans for ages 5-7 & multiple related resources in colour & ink-saving options.
- Drama & Technology:_ interviewing supervillains, hot-seating techniques, script writing and video recording.
- Mathematics: _create your own competitive card game like Top Trumps & Pokemon. Practice problem solving skills with addition with differentiation across all years.
- Art & Design: _ develop skills in colour placement & texture techniques by designing your own supervillain
- Poetry Writing: _ Ages 5-7 find the missing words in the poem and play a rhyme matching game
- Reading Evaluation: _ Ages 8-11 investigate the writing techniques used in the poems and justify their opinions
- Poetry Writing: _ Ages 8-11 use the skills learned in the Reading Evaluation to plan and write their own rhyming poems about supervillains
- Top Trumps Cards: _ eight different levels to attempt in the Mathematics lesson with colour and greyscale card templates to print and complete
- The Rhyme Thief Worksheet: _ Use in conjunction with the 5-7yrs Poetry Writing lesson to find the missing words. Differentiated to 3 levels.
- Rhyming Wordbank: _ filled with over 70 rhyming words to kickstart the creative word choosing in writing
- Rhyming Match Card Game: _ three games of 40 cards each to print and play Snap or Match games. Used in Poetry Writing lessons aged 5-7 & 8-11.
Soon to be added: Digital Literacy _ creating character profiles and leaflets based on the characters of the Marvel universe
Planned in accordance with the Scottish curriculum, these lessons can be easily adapted to suit your local curriculum. Key elements of learning intentions, success criteria, assessment & resource lists are included. Links to related content and possible extension activities are also listed.
Primary 1-7 Scotland, Reception - Year 6 England and PreK - 5th Grade USA
PLEASE NOTE: the book 'Invasion of the Supervillains: Raps & Rhymes to Worry the Galaxy' by Neal Zetter & Chris White is essential.