This 18 slide Invasive Species lesson package includes an inquiry project with marking rubric and presentation. Specifically, the lesson compares Invasive vs. Native Species, The Effect of an Invasive Species on an Ecosystem, Controlling Invasive Species, and then takes a more in-depth look at The Small Asian Mongoose as well as 5 Extreme Cases of Invasive Species. There are 4 videos embedded in the presentation. Simply start the slideshow and click the image and they will open in your browser. The presentation contains diagrams, examples, and explanations. It includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an inquiry project with rubric and a student lesson handout as a word document that follows the presentation.
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
- "Great resource! Video links were awesome"
- "great resource! thanks!"
- "A great format for the students to follow and use."
Included in the lesson package is:
- Office and Google versions of each resource
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- An Inquiry Project on Invasive Species with marking rubric
- FOUR videos embedded into the presentation
- Student lesson handout
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Invasive Species - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Invasive vs. Native Species
- The Effect of an Invasive Species on an Ecosystem
- The Small Asian Mongoose Case Study
- Controlling Invasive Species
- 5 Extreme Invasive Species
- "Love this!!!!"
- "This was exactly what I needed! Students were engaged and interested throughout."
- "A great resource, easy to follow!"
You might also be interested in the following activities as they relate directly to invasive species and biodiversity.
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
The individual Ecology Lessons can be found below:
You might also be interested in these assignments which can be found within the unit.
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my power point lesson is structured and evaluate my work.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.