NGSS K-2: Defining and Delimiting Engineering Problems, Develop Possible Solution, Design, sketch, draw, illustrate a solution to a simple problem.
I developed these activities in response to these standards:
K-2-ETS1-1: Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
K-2-ETS1-2: Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.
This packet contains printables that will help support students’ knowledge of engineering design concepts you teach.
8 pages of printables for students + 1 page with many teacher ideas and suggestions.
Your download will contain:
* homework page to brainstorm problems
* homework page to identify invention solutions used at home
* drawing & writing page to identify an invention used in the classroom
* problem & solution writing page (both a boy & girl version)
* create a machine invention design page
* an example of the problem & solution page and invention design page completed
I hope your students enjoy learning about how to design solutions and develop new inventions to make the world a better place.
Please watch for additional NGSS materials in my store.
As always, I will be waiting to read your feedback to find out how these materials were used in your classroom. I hope you can put your own "twist" on them.
Enjoy learning about science!