A great resource to use when teaching about transportation, or different types of inventors.
This resource uses the names of the inventors of: bicycle, steamboat, trolley, airplane (I use Orville and Wilbur Wright), and Henry Ford (he did invent the car but he invented a way to better manufacture a car).
Please upload the preview to get an idea of what you'll get with this resource!
Included in this packet:
*8 page booklet (each is half of a 81/2 x 11" page) 6 pages have a picture of the invention along with text that states the inventor and what he or she invented. Page 8 of the booklet gives the student the opportunity to write about another form of transportation.
* 2 pages for a quick writing activity
* Match up printable: matching the inventor with the invention
* Match and write the invention word with the picture and write a sentence about one of the inventions.
* ABC order printable: putting the inventions in ABC order
* Fill in the blank printable: fill in the blank sentences using
the words of the inventions.
*Power point Color PDF of the booklet. Use this for the students to follow along or present it before the students get the booklet to read themselves.
This resource is aligned to Common Core Standards.
It is a terrific social studies activity to include in your literacy center.
I certainly hope you find it useful for your class!
Linda Groce of Linda's Learning Loot