Cover the major characteristics of the 10 most common invertebrate phyla with this fun card sort, mix and match game. Includes the distinguishing characteristics of each phylum and pictures of animals in each phylum.
Purpose: To reinforce and review the characteristics of 10 Common Invertebrate Phyla.
What is included in this product?
• 10 Invertebrate Phyla cards
• 129 Answer Cards
• 4 page Teacher Answer Key
• 7 page Student Recording Sheets
• 4 page Teacher Instruction Guide
• An edible set of blank cards for adding your own additional information to the game
The number of new science vocabulary words can be overwhelming to our students. Practice and review in a game format is an excellent method of drilling and reinforcing the vocabulary.
What will the students be doing?
Students will place the 10 larger phylum cards on a table. They will read the answer card and place that card with the correct phylum. The answer cards include characteristics of each phylum, and pictures of organisms belonging to each phylum.
In my classes, I choose to concentrate on 10 of the most common invertebrate animal phyla. If you need to add additional phyla, blank cards are included for that purpose. The 10 phyla represented in this card sort game are as follows:
• Phylum Porifera with 13 answer cards
• Phylum Cnidaria with 16 answer cards
• Phylum Ctenophora with 7 answer cards
• Phylum Platyhelminthes with 13 answer cards
• Phylum Nematoda with 8 answer cards
• Phylum Rotifera with 5 answer cards
• Phylum Annelida with 12 answer cards
• Phylum Mollusca with 17 answer cards
• Phylum Arthropoda with 24 answer cards
• Phylum Echinodermata with 14 answer cards
Extremely Low Prep! Once you download the product, you are just minutes away from using this game with your class. Simply:
5. You now have a review game that can be used year after year after year,.
Highly adapted for students of different grades or ability levels. This particular game is extremely versatile. Make the game as easy or as hard as you want by selecting which “answer cards” you want to use. This game can be tailored to meet the needs of any life science or biology class. For an advanced class, use all of the answer cards. For a younger class, or a lower level class, pick fewer answer cards to use in the game.
Because you tailor the game to meet your needs, this product is suitable for any life science or biology class in grades 7-12.
I have included a student answer sheet. It is an optional component. If you choose, you can use the answer sheet to have the student record each answer statement. The completed answer sheet makes a perfect study guide for the unit test.
How can this card sort game be used?
• Card Sort Classwork Activity
• Competitive Game Format:
• First Day Instruction:
• Review and Reinforcement
• End of Course Test Prep
• Lab Stations
Related products include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: