This is an activity that I’ve done with my high school Zoology class towards the start of our Invertebrate Unit. Students must learn to distinguish different invertebrate phyla and learn the basic characteristics used to classify each taxonomic group. In this assignment, students create a presentation to share with the class about their assigned animal group. Students then create a model of their organism to share with the class.
Included in this file is a 8 page Word document:
• Teaching Note (above) with several presentation style ideas
• Student Sign Up Sheet
• Student Instruction Sheet
• Rubric to Grade Student Presentations
• Student Data Sheet Instructions (to take notes on)
• Peer Review instructions & Peer Review Slips