The 4th Grade SMARTBoard Introduction to Invertebrates is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
This lesson focuses on an introduction to invertebrates. It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text emphasizing how invertebrates are grouped based on anatomical characteristics.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction/explanation of the 8 groups of invertebrates (mollusks, sponges, cnidarians, echinoderms, flatworms, roundworms, segmented worms, and arthropods).
• Vocabulary (invertebrate, sponge, cnidarian, mollusk, echinoderm, endoskeleton, arthropod, and exoskeleton).
• Explanation of the characteristics of each invertebrate group.
There are two interactive SMARTBoard activities that are included in the presentation. These activities are also included in PDF files to print out and issue as classwork or homework.
• Activity one has students moving 8 pictures of invertebrate examples to the correct heading along with moving the description of each invertebrate.
• Activity two has students understanding/identifying the four types of arthropods (millipedes/centipedes, arachnids, insects, and crustaceans). They will also identify the characteristics of each type of arthropod.