Also included in
- No Prep Biology Warm Ups. Bundled Set Part 3: ANIMAL KINGDOM BUNDLE. Includes invertebrate phyla and the five class of vertebrates. Perfect for warm ups, homework assignments, or inserts into your interactive notebooks.Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science t$49.99$70.45Save $20.46
- This resources consists of ONE FULL YEAR of Biology No Prep Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, and Inserts for Interactive Notebooks. This is a huge bundle of 35 sets of warm ups and bell ringers covering all chapters in a typical biology textbook:Introduction to ScienceCell Structure and FunctionEcologyGenet$175.00$248.64Save $73.64
Invertebrate Phyla Platyhelminthes and Nematoda (Flatworms and Roundworms):
NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your units on the animal kingdom. Covers the characteristics of flatworms and roundworms, the characteristics of parasites, planarians, flukes, tapeworms, and types of roundworms. See detailed list of topics below.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
18 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your unit on the animal kingdom.
How can these be used?
- Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
- Exit Slips
- Additions to Interactive Notebooks
- Homework assignments
- Tutoring and review
- Short daily quizzes
- Perfect for early finishers
- Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles.
You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
Included in this product:
- 18 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (18 pages)
- Complete answer keys (18 Teacher Answer Pages)
- 4-page Teacher Guide
- Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
- Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
Please Note: These warm-ups are designed to take 5-7 minutes to complete. They are used for review and reinforcement of key concepts, but are not intended to be used as first-time instruction. Students will need prior instruction and/or textbook to complete these warm ups. This resource contains pages that can be used as warm ups, bell ringers, inserts for your interactive notebooks, homework assignments, or classwork.
This resource does not include teaching materials such as textbook readings, informational text readings, or a teaching PowerPoint.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or life science classes.
The 18 student pages include the following titles.
- Phylum Platyhelminthes
- Characteristics of Flatworms
- Planaria 1
- Planaria 2
- Planaria 3
- Planaria 4
- The Parasitic Way of Life
- Fluke Life Cycle
- Tapeworm Life Cycle
- Phylum Nematoda
- Types of Roundworms
- Thinking Critically About Flatworms and Roundworms
- Review the Vocabulary!
- Review: Multiple Choice
- Review: Fill in the Blanks
- Review True and False
The above titles will cover the following information:
- The Phylum Platyhelminthes: Characteristics, germ layers, symmetry, acoelomates, cephalization.
- Classification of flatworms: Turbellaria, Trematoda, and Cestoda.
- Surfaces of a bilaterally symmetric animal.
- Students will label the structures found on the external planarian.
- Planaria: Digestion, gastrovascular cavity, pharynx, excretory system, flame cells, nervous system, ganglia, eyespots, sexual and asexual reproduction, fission.
- The Parasitic Way of Life: Characteristics of parasites, primary hosts, intermediate hosts, degeneration of body systems.
- Flukes: Characteristics and life cycle.
- Tapeworms: Characteristics and life cycle.
- The Phylum Nematoda: Characteristics, germ layers, symmetry, pseudocoelomates, tube within a tube digestive system.
- Type of roundworms: Ascaris, hookworms, Trichinella, pinworms and filarial worms.
- Thinking critically: One page of critical thinking and problem solving questions about flatworms and roundworms.
- 4 pages of review: Multiple Choice, Fill in the Blank, Review the Vocabulary, and Modified True/False.
Click these links to view other available units:
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: