Invertebrates: Phyla Porifera, Cnidaria and Ctenophora
Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Inserts for Interactive Notebooks
NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and / or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your unit on invertebrates.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles of interactive notebook pages and warm ups. You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm-Ups and Bell Ringers for Biology BIG BUNDLE Part 3
ONE FULL YEAR of Biology Warm Ups, Bell ringers, and Interactive Notebook Pages
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or life science classes.
This product includes 22 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your units on invertebrate phyla.
How can these be used?
• Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
• Exit Slips
• Additions to Interactive Notebooks
• Homework assignments
• Tutoring and review
• Short daily quizzes
• Perfect for early finishers
• Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Click here to download a free sample of my warm ups, bell ringers, and interactive notebook pages. The sampler includes pages from many of my warm up units.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
****Included in this product:
• 22 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (22 pages)
• Complete answer keys (22 Teacher Answer Pages)
• 5-page Teacher Guide
• Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
• Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
The 22 student pages include the following titles.
• The Phylum Porifera
• The Sponge Body Plan 1
• The Sponge Body Plan 2
• The Sponge Body Plan 3
• The Life of a Sponge 1
• The Life of a Sponge 2
• Sponge Draw and Label
• The Phylum Cnidaria
• Hydra Draw and Label
• Jellyfish Draw and Label
• The Cnidarian Body Plan
• The Life of a Cnidarian
• Jellyfish Life Cycle
• Phylum Cnidaria Classification
• The Phylum Ctenophora
• Thinking Critically About Poriferans and Cnidarians
• Review: What’s the Relationship?
• Review the Vocabulary!
• Review: Multiple Choice
• Review: Fill in the Blanks
The above titles will cover the following information:
• The Phylum Porifera.
• Characteristics of the Phylum Porifera.
• Students will label the parts of the external and internal sponge.
• Parts of the sponge: ostia, osculum, bud, spicules, central cavity, collar cells, choanocytes, amebocytes, mesoglea, spongin.
• Sponges: Food getting, digestion, excretion, reproduction.
• The Phylum Cnidaria.
• Characteristics of the Phylum Cnidaria.
• Students will label the parts of the hydra.
• Students will label the parts of the jellyfish and complete a life cycle of the jellyfish.
• Body parts of cnidarians: tentacles, gastrovascular cavity, ovaries, testes, buds, gonads, epidermis, gastrodermis, nerve net, cnidocytes.
• Cnidarians: Food getting, digestion, reproduction, nervous system.
* Three classes of the phylum Cnidaria: Hydrozoa, Scyphozoa, Anthozoa.
* The Phylum Ctenophora.
* Thinking critically: One page of critical thinking and problem solving questions about poriferans and cnidarians.
* 4 pages of review: Multiple Choice, Fill in the Blank, Review the Vocabulary, and What’s the relationship?
Click these links to view other available units:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Cell Structure, Function, and Physiology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Ecology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Genetics Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Evolution and Classification Warm Ups
Viruses and Bacteria Interactive Notebook Pages or Warm Ups
Interactive Notebooks Big Bundled Set Part 1
The Fungi: Interactive Notebook and Warm Up Pages
Protista Kingdom Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: An Introduction Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems
The Human Body: Circulatory System Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: Respiratory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Digestive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Excretory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Immune System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Nervous System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Endocrine System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Reproductive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Drugs
The Human Body BIG BUNDLED set of Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Plant Evolution and Classification Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Structure and Function Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Reproduction and Plant Response Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 2
Introduction to Animals Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Mollusca and Annelida Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Arthropoda Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Echinodermata and the Invertebrate Chordates
The Fish: Agnatha, Chondrichthyes and Osteichthyes
The Amphibians: Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Reptiles Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Class Aves - The Birds Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Mammals ~ Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Interactive Notebook Pages
Animal Behavior Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 3
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)