Also included in
- No Prep Biology Warm Ups. Bundled Set Part 3: ANIMAL KINGDOM BUNDLE. Includes invertebrate phyla and the five class of vertebrates. Perfect for warm ups, homework assignments, or inserts into your interactive notebooks.Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science t$49.99$70.45Save $20.46
- This resources consists of ONE FULL YEAR of Biology No Prep Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, and Inserts for Interactive Notebooks. This is a huge bundle of 35 sets of warm ups and bell ringers covering all chapters in a typical biology textbook:Introduction to ScienceCell Structure and FunctionEcologyGenet$175.00$248.64Save $73.64
The Invertebrate Phyla Porifera, Cnidaria, and Ctenophora: NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your units on the animal kingdom. Covers the characteristics of these three phyla, the body plans and life cycles of sponges, jellyfish, and hydra, and more! See detailed list of topics below.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
22 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your unit on the animal kingdom.
How can these be used?
- Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
- Exit Slips
- Additions to Interactive Notebooks
- Homework assignments
- Tutoring and review
- Short daily quizzes
- Perfect for early finishers
- Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles.
You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
Included in this product:
- 22 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (22 pages)
- Complete answer keys (22 Teacher Answer Pages)
- 5-page Teacher Guide
- Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
- Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
Please Note: These warm-ups are designed to take 5-7 minutes to complete. They are used for review and reinforcement of key concepts, but are not intended to be used as first-time instruction. Students will need prior instruction and/or textbook to complete these warm ups. This resource contains pages that can be used as warm ups, bell ringers, inserts for your interactive notebooks, homework assignments, or classwork.
This resource does not include teaching materials such as textbook readings, informational text readings, or a teaching PowerPoint.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or life science classes.
The 22 student pages include the following titles.
- The Phylum Porifera
- The Sponge Body Plan 1
- The Sponge Body Plan 2
- The Sponge Body Plan 3
- The Life of a Sponge 1
- The Life of a Sponge 2
- Sponge Draw and Label
- The Phylum Cnidaria
- Hydra Draw and Label
- Jellyfish Draw and Label
- The Cnidarian Body Plan
- The Life of a Cnidarian
- Jellyfish Life Cycle
- Phylum Cnidaria Classification
- The Phylum Ctenophora
- Thinking Critically About Poriferans and Cnidarians
- Review: What’s the Relationship?
- Review the Vocabulary!
- Review: Multiple Choice
- Review: Fill in the Blanks
The above titles will cover the following information:
- The Phylum Porifera.
- Characteristics of the Phylum Porifera.
- Students will label the parts of the external and internal sponge.
- Parts of the sponge: ostia, osculum, bud, spicules, central cavity, collar cells, choanocytes, amebocytes, mesoglea, spongin.
- Sponges: Food getting, digestion, excretion, reproduction.
- The Phylum Cnidaria.
- Characteristics of the Phylum Cnidaria.
- Students will label the parts of the hydra.
- Students will label the parts of the jellyfish and complete a life cycle of the jellyfish.
- Body parts of cnidarians: tentacles, gastrovascular cavity, ovaries, testes, buds, gonads, epidermis, gastrodermis, nerve net, cnidocytes.
- Cnidarians: Food getting, digestion, reproduction, nervous system.
- Three classes of the phylum Cnidaria: Hydrozoa, Scyphozoa, Anthozoa.
- The Phylum Ctenophora.
- Thinking critically: One page of critical thinking and problem solving questions about poriferans and cnidarians.
- 4 pages of review: Multiple Choice, Fill in the Blank, Review the Vocabulary, and What’s the relationship?
Click these links to view other warm up/bellringer units:
Additional Phylum Porifera and Phylum Cnidaria Resources Include:
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: