Over 55 slides with beautiful pictures PLUS 3 versions of differentiated notes
are included in this “Invertebrates Power Point and Notes” product. I designed this presentation for a general high school Biology class, but the content is appropriate for most students in grades 7-10. And, since it’s editable, you can customize it for your class by removing, rearranging or adding slides.
This resource is also available in discounted bundles . . .
Animal Kingdom Unit Bundle
includes this product plus Invertebrates Task Cards and Vertebrates PowerPoint, Notes and Task Cards.
PowerPoints for Biology Bundle
includes all of Science Island's PowerPoints and Notes for Biology without the Task Cards.
This download includes:
1. EDITABLE Invertebrates PowerPoint that includes 55+ slides with stunning illustrations and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, and background information are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
2. EDITABLE Student & Teacher Notes, which are differentiated to meet the needs of diverse students and to satisfy your personal preference as a teacher. You choose the style that works best for you and your students!
• Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This allows for a faster presentation or for struggling students to stay on pace with the lecture.
• Version B notes are designed for more traditional note-taking where students need to use information presented from PowerPoint and lecture and fill in appropriate information.
• Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources.
Includes characteristics and examples from the 9 Major Invertebrate Phyla:
Some key terms include:
• radial symmetry
• bilateral symmetry
• gastrovascular cavity
• tube feet
You might also like:
Invertebrates Task Cards
Invertebrates Review Qubes Game for Biology
Sponges, Cnidarians, and Worms Review Qubes Game for Life Science
Mollusks, Arthropods, and Echinoderms Review Qubes Game for Life Science
Check out Animal Group Names Activity
. This is a great activity for kinesthetic learners or it can be adapted for cooperative learning groups. What a fun way to introduce or wrap-up your Animals Unit!
You might also like my free product Inheritance Patterns in the Kolo
, where students will learn about patterns of inheritance while designing their own Kolo bug! He’s an invertebrate, too!
Aloha and Happy Teaching!
©2015 Science Island