Atoms & Elements Unit
Students will be able to…
• Create an atom with protons, neutrons, and electrons.
• Calculate the atomic mass by adding protons and neutrons.
• Identify that the number of protons determines the identity/atomic number of an element.
• Calculate the charge of an atom by comparing the number of protons and electrons.
• Investigating Atoms: Technology Assignment
• Investigating Atoms Game
• Investigating Atoms: Technology Assignment – KEY
(All items compiled in 1 PDF document. Document cannot be edited.)
Additional Required Material:
(These items are Not included in the purchase.)
• Electronic Device (per student or per group of students)
• Internet Access
• Students can complete this assignment individually or with a partner.
• The game requires an instructor or parent to view the game results on the screen and sign for completion (this is to prevent students from lying about results). Students can complete the game at home and ask for parent signatures or in class. When students complete the assignment in class, to save time use a colorful stamp rather than an instructor signature.
***Check out more Chemistry with Confidence Atoms & Elements Unit
***Check out more curriculum in the Chemistry with Confidence TeachersPayTeachers Store
***Check out the Chemistry with Confidence website