If your school has a pond on its campus or students can walk to a nearby pond then you have a great learning opportunity.
This packet contains 7 activities for outdoors at a pond and in the classroom. Plus a 2 Student worksheets for use at a pond site. And another 2 Resource pages about Pond Insects
A complete package for your students to use and enjoy
Generalizations we emphasize:
1. A large variety of organisms live in and around ponds and other fresh-water wetlands.
2. Plants and animals in ponds and wetland areas are dependent upon one another to sustain life.
3. Plants and animals should only be collected if they can be kept alive and returned to their original habitat.
Objectives of the lesson
1. Students will be able to collect and identify living organisms from a pond and its surroundings.
2. Students will be able to describe the inter-relation¬ships of organisms within a pond community.
3. Students will be able to observe a fresh water pond, and the life in and around it.
Check out the preview
The Environmental Ed Guy