A science unit of work that encourages students to investigate, observe and record the habits of plants. Create your own greenhouse and wonder about mould!
This resource contains:
* A greenhouse template
* A prediction worksheet (to complete prior to the greenhouse task beginning)
* 2 observation pages (12 places to record notes of the changes that are going on in the greenhouse)
* Evaluation and reflection worksheet after the greenhouse activity is completed
* A photo with examples of things I’ve done before setting up the greenhouse experiment – just to give you some ideas
* 2 inquiry study task cards – students can work independently on these or you may wish to do as a class. “Plants” contains three choices for students to study and “Fungi” has two, this allows students to complete all over several sessions if required. There are some great you tube videos around to get students interested in these topics. Check out: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brx7vPP3Kn0 to get them thinking about mould.
* Plant life cycle recording sheet – can be completed after the greenhouse experiment, after discussion on how plants grow or as a pre-assessment
* Plant life cycle picture/word sheet
* What a plant needs sheet – for ideas you can read a text such as: ‘In a nutshell’ or ‘The dandelion seed’ both by J. Anthony or ‘A Fruit is a Suitcase for Seeds’ by J. Richard OR watch a video such as: www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK70Y1z0oC8 which also provides information on parts of a plant.
* What I know about plants sheet – can be completed as a pre/post assessment to gather information.
There are a total of 11 resource pages in this unit, they will print on A4 paper. Please
check your printer settings before running off class copies. They are not able to be edited.
It is recommended for Years 2 – 5 but elements can be used with lower/higher grades.
Please note I am an Australian seller.