Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.13 MB | Smart Notebook: 16 + PDF: 16 pages
This 16 pages packet allows for the investigating the end behavior of a polynomial functions. It is recommended to place students in groups and allow for the investigation using a graphing utility (or computer programs such as GSP). Then, the class is brought together to work on the packet and discuss findings. This packet gives the students the opportunity to come up with conjectures based on their observations. Students at the end of the packet, will "feel" the relationship between the degree of function, its leading coefficient, and its end behavior.
In this packet, you will find the following:
1. A student handout which contains all 9 functions to be investigated.
2. A student handout which has a table where observations should be recorded and analyzed
3. An "All-in-one" handout for the teachers where the "Math Tools" of the smart notebook could be used to graph the functions as a class
4. 9 sheets has each of the function where the graph could be clearer
5. The answer key to the graphs (all 9 graphs are graphed)
6. The answer key to the table
7. a PDF file containing those handouts which could be used "manually" without the need to a smart notebook software.
If you do not have a Smartboard, you can still use this product by using Smart Notebook Interactive Viewer. This program is a free download from www.smarttech.com.
P.S. If you wish to print this file from the Smart Notebook software, I would recommend printing it using the full page option.
☺Would love to hear your feedback☺. Please don't forget to come back and rate this product when you have a chance. You will also earn TPT credits. Enjoy and I ☺thank you☺ for visiting my ☺Never Give Up On Math☺ store!!!