- Engage your students in active learning with this Personal Finance Activity Bundle! This bundle contains a smorgasbord of different activity types including: 2 QR Code Scavenger Hunts (QR Code Guide in preview), Chat Stations, QR Code WebQuest, 2 Gallery Walks, 2 Sets of Case Studies, 2 Escape Activ$15.99$21.50Save $5.51
- Looking for a plethora of personal finance resources to integrate into your curriculum? This bundle contains numerous different products including bellringers, quick writes (great for exit tickets), activities, and projects. This resource focuses on careers, budgeting, banking, investing, credit, de$75.00$103.71Save $28.71
Get students up and collaborating with this 6-task investing escape room. For this activity students need to have a working knowledge of investments. Students will research stock symbols, calculate capital gain, answer questions about investing strategies and terminology, analyze asset allocation for a mutual fund, and put themselves in the role of a financial planner to address a client.
Concepts covered: SEC, annuities, stock symbols, mutual fund allocation, saving vs. investing, capital gain, Dow Jones, appreciate, bear market, bull market, bondholder, investment philosophy based on time frame, liquidity, commodity, collectible, prospectus, index fund, inflation, and diversification.
This is a great way to engage your students and get them interested in the content. Students will work with a partner or small group and race to complete the tasks. By solving the cases they will "clock out before the market closes".
This file contains:
- Investing Escape Activity Cards PDF
- Investing Escape Case Files (Student Worksheet to show their work) PDF
- Investing Escape Teacher Guide PDF
- Link to digital form used to "escape" by entering the locks (Google Forms)
- Print 1 class set of the Investing Escape Activity Cards and a set of the Investing Escape Case Files for each group. Cut pages with the cards in half to spread out the clues. You may wish to print on colored paper and laminate for a long-lasting product.
- Tape or lay these around the room, placing the cases with the same locks together. For example, place all of the directional locks in the same area and all of the letter locks in the same area.
- For this activity students will need access to the Internet and a phone, tablet, or other device that can scan QR codes. This can be done by downloading a free app or by using the camera.
- Device with camera to read QR codes such as iPads, tablets, or cellphones
- Internet Access
- Optional: Calculators
Thanks for checking out this resource! You may also like:
- Accounting Detective Case Files Activity
- Business Ownership Escape Activity
- Investing and Retirement Unit Bundle
- Personal Finance Course Bundle
Don't miss information about upcoming sales, freebies, new products, and other favorites! Click the link below to find me on your favorite social media!