A poetry lesson which compares and analyzes two poems: Invictus by William Henley and Dreams by Langston Hughes.
This poetry lessons includes 5 different elements:
1. A search and find to encourage close reading of the poems.
2. Scaffolded Vocabulary exercise with words from the poems.
3. A deeper scaffolded scan of figurative language used throughout the poems.
4. A thematic exercise where students pull quotes to support the poem's theme.
5. A quiz that is styled like ACT aspire with a short constructed response question.
All keys are included.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License