Periodic Table Unit
Students will be able to…
• Determine the Bohr Diagram, Electron Configuration, Lewis Symbol, and number of Valence Electrons for both a neutral atom and an ion.
• Determine how many electrons are gained or lost in the formation of an ion.
• Determine the charge of an ion.
• Define ion.
• Recognize definition of Octet Rule.
• Ion Formation – Illustrated through Lewis Symbols WS
• Ion Formation – Illustrated through Bohr Diagrams WS
• Ion Formation – Illustrated through Electron Configuration WS
• Ion Formation Challenge WS
• Ion Formation – Illustrated through Lewis Symbols WS – KEY
• Ion Formation – Illustrated through Bohr Diagrams WS – KEY
• Ion Formation – Illustrated through Electron Configuration WS – KEY
• Ion Formation Challenge WS – KEY
(All items compiled in 1 PDF document. Document cannot be edited.)
Additional Required Material:
• Periodic Table per student
• Pick the worksheet or worksheets that will work best for your students.
o All the worksheets are beneficial, but due to time constraints in the classroom, it is not always possible to complete more than one worksheet on this topic. Recommend that students complete the Ion Formation WS with either Lewis Symbols OR Bohr Diagrams first. Only use other worksheets if time allows.
***This item may also be purchased as a part of the Periodic Table Unit – CURRICULUM BUNDLE
***Check out more Chemistry with Confidence Periodic Table Unit
***Check out more curriculum in the Chemistry with Confidence TeachersPayTeachers Store
***Check out the Chemistry with Confidence website