Students will be able to…
• Determine the ion/ion charge for elements.
• Determine the number of cations and anions required to form an ionic compound.
• Write an ionic formula.
• Ionic Formula Activity
• Ionic Formula Activity – KEY
• CHALLENGE – Ionic Formula Activity
• Forming Ionic Formulas WS
• Forming Ionic Formulas WS – KEY
• Ionic Formula Activity Kit Directions
• Ion Tiles
• Baggie for each “Ionic Formula Kit”
• Optional: Colored Printing, Cardstock, & Lamination
Students pair up cation and anion tiles to form neutral ionic compounds and then record their results!
The "Ion Tiles" can be printed and laminated to make several Ionic Formula Activity KITS! If the "Ion Tiles" are laminated, this is an easy activity that can be used year after year!