Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.03 MB | 26 for each version + 1 Handout and Worksheet pages
Everything you need to teach Ions as an introduction or review is right here including the lesson, and a worksheet with answers provided. The PowerPoint is interactive, engaging and to the point.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the power point
- The student version of the power point
- Student worksheet with answers
- An introduction to what ions are including net charge
- Review of electrons and protons and their charges
- Cation vs. Anions
- Determining charge of an ion
- Ions Lewis Structure drawing
- Naming Ions
- Multivalent Ions
- Application of Ions
**Please note that the entire unit including 12 Power Points and 238 slides, can be purchased from my store for the price of 5 single lessons by clicking HERE
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.