Ira Sleeps Over
This pack includes several resources to teach the book Ira Sleeps Over. I teach this book in late October in Kindergarten, when we are just getting into the -at word family and when I have just started teaching setting.
Here is what you get in this pack:
5 days corresponding activities to go along with the book
• phonics -at word family
• setting- teacher prompts to read to the students, students will guess the setting of the story, then create a journal prompt about setting
• student journals- 4 different journal prompts to go with the story
• pictograph- all materials needed to create a pictograph about whether your students would bring a teddy bear with them to a sleepover.
•vocabulary- 4 vocabulary cards to go with the book
• sequencing- color and black and white images for students to sequence. The black and white images can be glued on a sentence strip
• teddy bear party- with assistance, beginning writers write about a paper bear they have created.
• short a words center- in color and black and white 18 images with space at the bottom for students to use magnetic letters (or the letters included) to spell short a CVC words
• counting teddy bears center- students will count teddy bears 1-10 and practice writing numbers on a recording sheet
• adding 1 center- students will use teddy bear counters to add one more to the set and record their answers.
Please don't forget to leave feedback, it will earn you points, which you can spend later on TPT purchases.