Fun and cross-curricular learning about Irish culture and history is not just for St. Patrick's Day - it's interesting and CCSS-based year round! Informational Reading, Map Analysis, Color-Coding, Summarizing, Categorizing, Design, and more! Your packet includes: a designer edition and a printer-friendly edition. Enough lesson material for two-three class periods, depending on how you wish to time each activity.
How Much Do You Know? (Anticipatory Engagement Pretest)
Quick Poetry Analysis: “Irish Eyes” (possible bellringer, sponge activity)
St. Patrick Biographical Facts w/ Summarizing/Categorization Activity
Celtic Knot Activity with 2 Papers, Examples, Links to Instructions
Three Maps of Ireland
Task Cards for Map Analysis
Fast Facts About Ireland
Generic Participation/Effort Scoring Guide
Designer and Printer-Friendly Versions Included
CCSS RI 2
Determine the central ideas of texts.
Analyze how the main ideas are shaped and can be categorized by specific details.
Summarize a text by combining main ideas.
Sequence events so that they build on one another to create a coherent whole.
S and L 2
Integrate multiple sources of information visually, quantitatively, aurally.
Be sure and check out some of my other products! Just click on the handy links provided below. :-D
Categorized List of Products for You and Your Students to Love:
Summary, Main Idea, Paraphrasing
1. Differentiated & Fun Lesson in Summarization Skills
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)