Fun and cross-curricular learning about Irish culture and history is not just for St. Patrick's Day - it's interesting and CCSS-based year round! Informational Reading, Map Analysis, Color-Coding, Summarizing, Categorizing, Design, and more! Your packet includes: a designer edition and a printer-friendly edition. Enough lesson material for two-three class periods, depending on how you wish to time each activity.
How Much Do You Know? (Anticipatory Engagement Pretest)
Quick Poetry Analysis: “Irish Eyes” (possible bellringer, sponge activity)
St. Patrick Biographical Facts w/ Summarizing/Categorization Activity
Celtic Knot Activity with 2 Papers, Examples, Links to Instructions
Three Maps of Ireland
Task Cards for Map Analysis
Fast Facts About Ireland
Generic Participation/Effort Scoring Guide
Designer and Printer-Friendly Versions Included
CCSS RI 2
Determine the central ideas of texts.
Analyze how the main ideas are shaped and can be categorized by specific details.
Summarize a text by combining main ideas.
Sequence events so that they build on one another to create a coherent whole.
S and L 2
Integrate multiple sources of information visually, quantitatively, aurally.
Be sure and check out some of my other products! Just click on the handy links provided below. :-D
Categorized List of Products for You and Your Students to Love:
Goal-Setting for Teens
End of the Semester Student Evaluation and Goal Setting
1. Making Inferences with Great Photographs and Short Reading Passages
2. Making Inferences with Great Photographs and Short Reading Passages 2
3. Making Inferences with Art
4. Explicit and Inferred Meanings Graphic Organizer
5. Five-Minute Inference Passage
Summary, Main Idea, Paraphrasing
1. Differentiated & Fun Lesson in Summarization Skills
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
Language (Grammar, etc.)
Parallel Structure: Five Day Mini-Lessons
Twelve Angry Men In-Class Performance for Middle and High School
1. Poetry Unit Test - Summative Assessment with Passages
2. Emily Dickinson's "Because I Could Not Stop for Death" Close Reading
3. E.E. Cummings Poem "maggie and milly and molly and may
1. Creative Writing with Art Prompts
2. Create-Your-Own-Character Mini-Unit - Creative Writing
1. Drop Out Facts and Statistics with Student Goal-Setting and a Persuasive Letter Prompt (persuade a friend not to drop out) - Includes Cause-Effect-Solution Graphic Organizer
1. Classroom Procedures and Expectations
2. Class Expectations & Signed Agreements in Assorted Designs (Beginning-of-the-Year Contracts in a Friendly Tone)
3. Classroom Management: Self-Discipline through Active Listening Skills (Great for a beginning-of-the-year Speaking & Listening CCSS unit - guaranteed to start your year off right!)
Secondary, junior high, English Language Arts, History, Social Studies, Arts & Humanities.