I am very proud of this lesson plan. It is one of my favorites that I've created. It includes:
1. lesson plan
2. 3 ability levels of vocabulary sheets
3. 2 ability levels of note sheets that follow the Iroquois Confederacy PowerPoint. The PowerPoint is sold separately and is needed.
4. The activity allows the students to go through the process of the Grand Council to decide if the Tuscarora should be allowed to join the Confederacy.
5. Homework Paragraph Writing assignment with a grading checklist
The content covered again goes with the Iroquois Confederacy PowerPoint found at: Iroquois Confederacy PowerPoint
. It must be purchased separately.
1. Where the Iroquois were located in the past and present
2. How the Iroquois Confederacy was created
3. When and why the Iroquois Confederacy was created
4. Clans and their importance
5. Gender roles in the government
6. The workings of the Grand Council
7. How many representatives each nation has at the Grand Council
You might also want to check out my Iroquois bundle that includes both this lesson plan and the PowerPoint as well as the Iroquois and Algonquian Cultures lesson plan and PowerPoint. If you bought these separately, you would spend $14.00. The bundle is offered for only $10.00! You can find it by following this link: Iroquois Bundle
Iroquois Confederacy Lesson Plan
by Kasha Mastrodomenico
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction