Native Americans - Iroquois and Algonquian Native Americans
Comparing and Contrasting the Iroquois and Algonquian Native Americans
FOR GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Aim: How were the Iroquois & Algonquian similar?
Included in this resource:
• Title page
• Do Now/Motivation student-centered questions
• Map of Native American tribes in New York, USA
• The Algonquians: A Case Study of Culture reading passage with scaffolding questions
• The Iroquois: A Case Study of Culture reading passage with scaffolding questions
• Algonquian & Iroquois Venn diagram
• Application/Closing/Higher Order thinking question
Students will research & analyze the similarities and differences between the Iroquois & Algonquian Native Americans living in the Northeast region of present-day United States
Adheres to Social Studies Common Core Standards - research, application, literacy, vocabulary; lifting evidence from text
Differentiation: cooperative (students may work in groups/teams/partner to complete scaffolding questions & venn diagram based on teacher's discretion); analysis & evaluate based on Bloom's Taxonomy
★★ Looking for the pen and paper, hard-copy version of this resource? Find it here!
Iroquois and Algonquian Native Americans ASSL
Digital, 1:1, interactive Social Studies learning!
Digital Papers by Christi Fultz and Ashley Hughes
Clip art by KERRI'S ART CORNER
© 2012 A Social Studies Life
For personal use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.