A comprehensive and fun review on irregular present tense with a strong emphasis on the YO form. More than just worksheets!
• Two pages of color-coordinated notes are included with fill-in sections that require students to demonstrate their understanding. You might want to start with these pages to review the concept. Once students fill out these notes, they can refer to them later as they work.
• Two pages of written conjugation practice (worksheets) in which students choose the verb then conjugate it in the YO form.
• One foldable where students write the conjugations and meanings of the verbs, then fold it over to use as a study sheet.
• One sheet of questions in the TÚ form which students can use as conversation practice (or that can be given as another written practice).
• One sheet of cards with irregular verbs. Students cut them out, label the other side and use them to practice.
• One word search puzzle filled with more than 25 irregular verbs. (And there is a secret phrase hidden in the puzzle too. See who can find it!)
• One Power Point with animations that the teacher can show the whole class – or students can use it individually as digital flash cards.
• One bonus file as thanks for your purchase – a bilingual crossword puzzle so students can practice some more.
Since the subjunctive is formed from the YO form of the present tense, I use this in my own classes before we begin the subjunctive. Students will review Yo-go verbs, Zco verbs, Jo verbs, as well as other high-frequency irregular verbs. Please note that this does NOT address stem-changing verbs. (There are a few examples of stem-changers in the pack, but that is not the focus of this material.)
Because this is a review, this material is appropriate for students who are in Spanish 2 or 3 (Level B1). All the directions are in Spanish and it is assumed that students are already very familiar with the basics of verb conjugation and stem-changing verbs.