Teachers occasionally need to step back and evaluate their implementation. Is everyone on board? Does everyone have the skills necessary? Use this four quadrant matrix to assess your groups effectiveness around six variables:
1) Does progress reflect extensive involvement and productive collaboration and communication?
2) Are robust organization systems in place ensuring all to do list items are captured, prioritized and ultimately accomplished?
3) Is participation broad-based, skillful and goal oriented?
4) Is the pursuit of goals collaborative and reflective?
5) Is professional development targeted, effective and given substantial time?
6) Are students excelling in their achievement?
This matrix allows small or large groups critical talking points to understand the effectiveness of their implementation in order to make the necessary decisions for moving forward.