The difference between plural nouns and possessive nouns can be tricky to understand! If you have students that put an apostrophe s at the end of every plural noun in their writing, this product may help!
Activities included in this Plural or Possessive Nouns product:
1. Sentences to use in teaching the concept - Ready for your overhead or document camera.
2. Response Cards (To check understanding throughout the lesson.)
3. Two Posters to display in your classroom: Plurals / Possessives
4. 20 sentence cards, recording sheet, & answer key
5. 3 worksheets (Two are open-ended, one is fill-in-the-blank. Answer key is provided for the fill-in-the-blank worksheet.)
6. Learning game for centers: Tic Tac Toe (Use the sentence cards with this game.)
This activity addresses these standards for grades 2 & 3:
2.L.2c – Use an apostrophe to form contractions and frequently occurring possessives.
3.L.1b – Form and use regular and irregular plural nouns.
3.L.2.d Form and use possessives.
However, fourth and fifth graders who overuse apostrophes would benefit from these lessons, as well!
Other products you may find useful:
Hoppin' Homophones: To-Too-Two and There-Their-They're
Hearty Homophones: Using Its and It's Correctly
Scoot for Words With Multiple Meanings
Commas For Kids PowerPoint
Stay up-to-date about my store!
If you’d like to know when I post new activities or have a sale, look for the green star near the top of any page in my store and click “follow me.”