The lessons in “Is That My Classroom? – Demonstrative Pronouns & Possessive Adjectives” can be used in a variety of ways to complement your existing ELD curriculum. This unit contains twelve reproducible pages for classroom use, which focus on ELD vocabulary, demonstrative pronouns (this/that), possessive adjectives (my/your), phonemic awareness, phonics, beginning writing (letters P and p), language, speaking, reading, and listening development. Each reproducible worksheet includes teacher directions at the bottom of the page for ease of presentation, except for the phonemic awareness lesson, the 2-Fold Book lesson, and the Challenge Activity, “Create And Read Patterned Sentences.” These directions can be found at the end of the lesson material.
Also included are four teacher preparation pages which include: Objectives, Vocabulary and Language Charts (nouns, verbs, pronouns, adjectives, and language frames), directions for the phonemic awareness lesson, directions for the 2-Fold Book lesson, and directions for the challenge activity – “Create and Read Patterned Sentences.”
Beginning and intermediate English Language Learners in Grades K-2 should enjoy the activities and worksheets. Their communication skills will be enhanced as they are guided through the lessons and practice listening, speaking, reading, writing, using the possessive adjectives my/your and the demonstrative pronouns this/that, writing the letters P and p, phonemic awareness (isolation: using minimal pairs /p/ and /b/), and phonics.
Student Reproducible Pages Include:
1) Directions at the bottom of each worksheet for ease of
2) Estimated time for each lesson/worksheet
3) Activities are included in the directions to make the
presentation fun and meaningful
4) An opening cover illustration page that can be used for warm
ups, previewing and reviewing lesson vocabulary, and
5) Flash Cards and Word Cards which focus on key vocabulary
and key sentence words/language frames (2 pages – 12
6) A worksheet for introducing the new vocabulary
7) A story page with illustrations: Is That My Classroom?
8) A story comprehension worksheet (cut, paste, and draw)
9) A vocabulary comprehension worksheet
10) A chant for children to learn and say: My Classroom Your
11) A vocabulary assessment worksheet
12) A language development worksheet (Is this your pen? Yes,
that is my pen.)
13) A phonics and writing worksheet (letters P and p)
14) Make and read-A-2-Fold Book about the classroom
15) An application page that allows students to draw and/or
write what they have learned about their classrooms
Please adhere to all copyright laws. Use of this product, beyond classroom use for students, is prohibited. Please contact me if you wish to use this product for other purposes, as this is a violation of the intended copyright. Please note that multiple licenses are available at a reduced cost.