This download contains lessons and activities to support the development of a growth mindset. Please note that you must have the book “Ish” by Peter Reynolds in order to properly support these activities.
It contains lessons which can be carried across three days.
Day 1: Read Aloud
Day 2: Exploring Mindsets: Changing Our Thinking
Day 3: Encouragement & Discouragement: Building a Supportive Learning Environment
• “Go Fish” discussion activity with before, during, and after reading questions
• Ish drawing
• Exploring Ramon’s attitude timeline
• Growth mindset/fixed mindset sorting activity
• “My Ish Wish” activity sheet
• Encouragement/discouragement T Chart activity
• “I Can Be a Kind Friend” activity sheet
• “Our Ish Museum” sign
• “We Think ish-ly” poster
• Growth mindset definition poster
• Fixed mindset definition poster
• Growth mindset/fixed mindset headers and sort cards
A growth mindset is an important factor in achieving academic success! Help support your students in developing a growth mindset!!